community service grants
The Australian Dental Health Foundation and Mars Wrigley Foundation’s Healthier Smiles Community Service Grants program aims to help bridge the gap in access to oral care and services across Australia for communities in need.
Since 2011, the two Foundations have partnered to provide funding to support community-based oral health programs. The Grants are awarded to volunteer dentists and dental students, encouraging them to implement oral health community service, education, and preventative care in some of the highest risk and most disadvantaged communities across Australia.
The 2022 grant program opens on Friday 29th April and the application deadline has been extended to Friday 15th July.
- Applicants must be Australian residents and registered ADA member dentists or students
- Applications can be made on behalf of a cross-functional team of oral health practitioners including oral health therapists and hygienists
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding involvement in a community oral health program or project
Your application should:
- Clearly describe community need for support, and where possible provide current and relevant statistics about the local community
- Demonstrate why the current project is timely for the community
- Describe how oral health education is one element of the application; and
- Outline anticipated outcomes and measurement approach